Re: increasing grub timeout?

On 2009/11/24 08:04 (GMT+0800) John Summerfield composed:

> In contrast, with short delays on some systems the screen hasn't even
> settled down from the graphics card being reinitialised and the grub
> display's not even visible.

+10

I have a number of systems like this. Even setting POST type to normal/long
isn't necessarily long enough for video to initialize prior to a Grub menu
appearance.

The concept of least surprise here points to longest possible Grub menu
delay. Those in a hurry can hit enter to speed the process at any time
without risk of surprise. When others need to do something other than hit
enter, they need more time to decide what and when.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/