Re: Un-asked-for-language support

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 11/25/2009 05:53 AM, Jim Haynes wrote:

Almost none of these have any dependencies requiring
their presence.  Would someone please investigate why all
these get installed by default with recent distributions?

It is installed by default to provide the broadest possible locale
support out of the box. For users of these locales, doing it
post-installation is often difficult.

As I mentioned in another thread yesterday, currently it's not possible to prevent this.

I don't see why an Australian user (for example) should automatically get all the middle-eastern and asian fonts. It is true we have a significant Vietnamese community here in WA, they should be able to _ask_ for their language support during installed.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait