Re: increasing grub timeout?

Scott Robbins wrote:
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:32:51AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
I know all that, and it's still a problem. Three seconds is too short, especially when there's no visible menu and no instructions.

Ok, I just said 3 seconds as an arbitrary compromise.  I have no trouble
with longer delays.  :)

However, Jesse says that he doesn't think our arguments will change
this.  It would be great if one could actually edit grub.conf duuring

It's a shame RH doesn't always listen to good arguments.

installation--don't know how trivial or non-trivial that is.

It's not hard to do during kickstart installs. A script on %post.

The trouble is, as I like to quote here, when making things idiot proof,
you can't, as nature will always build a better idiot.

That's okay, I just want a system that won't trip up the innocent. I don't like surprises, and I especially don't like the surprise being followed by an enforce wait, maybe of minutes, before I get another chance.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait