Re: Un-asked-for-language support

On 11/25/2009 10:37 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Why not asking the user/installer for it?

With a English only default, yes?  I prefer comprehensive locale support
of the box and since the default download in Fedora is a Live image, you
don't get to choose packages during installation. Again, people who care
or want that level of control should be using kickstart instead IMO.

> Right, but this isn't an excuse for a bloated default package install set.

Bloat is a matter of perspective. What you consider bloat, I consider a
useful feature. Apparently people who feel strongly otherwise haven't
bothered to file a RFE on this and convince rel-eng of their case. The
current status quo remains till then.

Rahul