Re: Move A Wiki Migration How To

On 11/23/2009 09:44 PM, Robert L Cochran wrote:
Does the Fedora Project have a wiki page explaining how to migrate a mediawiki wiki on one server to another server, and perhaps from one release of Fedora to a newer release? I just migrated my own personal wiki from my Fedora 11 machine (mediawiki-1.15.1-50) to Fedora 12 (mediawiki-1.15.1-51), and I would like to post my experiences with this so they can benefit some other person.

I'm familiar with the mediawiki.org pages for moving a wiki, but they miss some essential steps. And there are some Fedora-specific steps that could be documented as well.

Something like that would be extremely simple. Heck, I've even moved a Mediawiki from MySQL to PostgreSQL. The Fedora package does not add any extra errata versus a vanilla Mediawiki.

(I'll assume you use MySQL)
1. mysqldump -h localhost -u root -p wikidb > wikidb.sql
2. SFTP wikidb.sql and /usr/share/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php to new server.
3. mysql -h localhost -u root -p < wikidb.sql
4. Copy LocalSettings.php to /usr/share/mediawiki

Done.