Re: delta rebuild

On 10/01/2009 07:02 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 21:52 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
Every time I see this during a 'yum update' I wonder what it really
means or if it is a bug.

<delta rebuild>  22% [===     ] 277 kB/s |  50 MB     10:35 ETA

Isn't the kB/s being displayed for a CPU activity?  Usually this speed
output is associated with the network download speed.  It seems strange
to to see it in this context.  Is it really telling us anything useful?

it's a simple way to compare whether the delta RPM thing is saving you
any time. If that speed is faster than your download speed, it is...

But sometimes it is reduced to some tens of kB/s :-)

(I don't know if that's the reasoning behind displaying it that way, but
it seems to work that way to me.)

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes