Re: How do I keep intentionally unmounted filesystems out of the GTK file dialog?

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 11:35:40AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

> I think that this could be an issue with people wanting hidden
> directories when travelling with laptops, especially when crossing boarders.

Thinking about this again if such "undesirable" partitions will
be added to /etc/fstab with "noauto" option (mount points likely
immaterial) then they should be not mounted and _maybe_ they will
vanish from a list of "removables" too.  I did not test that but
it will possibly work.  If somebody tested that then please post
here.

Not exactly "hidden" but it could somewhat alleviate the issue.

I mentioned already that recently I bumped into a DVD drive which
when empty it presents to OS, clearly through firmware,  a _fake_
volume with a label "Bluebirds" and some "PE32 executable for MS
Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit" files on it.  Very useful!  I do
not have a good way to permanently hide that one either.

   Michal