Standardize/ have consistency in the layout of How_to_Debug_<component> wiki pages.

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 9 01:58:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 10:29 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Does not actually matter what we call these pages as long as they have
> consistent naming and consistent layout.

I'm pretty ambivalent as well, but if are agreed that consistency in
naming is desired, we need to pick one system.  My preferences are, in
order from best to worst: "ComponentX Problems", "How to Debug
ComponentX" and "Bug Info ComponentX".  Perhaps someone can take a poll
at the next meeting.

I simplified and expanded the upper portions of the [[How to Debug
Thunderbird]] page a bit; I hope the instruction to file extension bugs
with extension authors is correct.

The "Debugging Thunderbird" section could use some clarification.  I
assume that readers should only attempt to get a stack trace if they
experience a crash?

The instructions for using gdb on the Thunderbird page are much more
complicated than:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces#Obtaining_a_stack_trace_using_just_GDB

Does the gdb logging described on the Thunderbird page get you anything
more than a stack trace?

-B.