F12 comments and questions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 23:01:22 UTC 2009

On 10/15/2009 04:28 AM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> As I said, it has been a few years since I followed the development process.
> I assume that the current lack of additional rawhide updates is so that a
> "good" beta release could be done and that updates will resume once the beta
> DVD, etc. have been cut ... is this correct?
>
> I also assume that the addition of function is now frozen with the beta and
> that only bug fix updates will be added to rawhide ... correct?

Correct. We are going through a Beta freeze. Maintainers aren't allowed
to push updates to Rawhide directly anymore and would have to submit a
request to release engineering to tag the update explaining why the fix
is important enough (typically it is small enough as well).

The links from the schedule describe the freeze policies in more detail

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Beta_Freeze_Policy

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Rahul