Re: Fedora12 Beta RC2 install test status

On 10/15/2009 06:56 AM, Liam wrote:
Hi,

<snip>

If you have those special hardware,please execute corresponding test
cases and post your test results.Our testing is still in progress,for
any tester, your test result is still valuable

<snip>
Thanks
Liam

I couldn't see where this fit in to the test matrix, Bug 525798 - x server failing during custom layout. The bz has been reassigned outside of anaconda, but the modesetting for an RV630 is only a problem with anaconda and not with an installed system. I have to put nomodeset on the kernel cmd line to prevent this bug, but not on the resulting installed system. I have reported this condition two different times and each time I am asked for the logs, even tho the bz states that the system is dead and I can't get the logs. To add spice, if I very carefully avoid mouse wheel movements when not specifying nomodeset, I can *sometimes* avoid the lockup.