Re: Fedora12 Beta RC2 install test status

On 10/15/2009 10:24 AM, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
<snip>

If you add pcie_aspm=off to the kernel line, can you boot and work the
machine _without_ specifying nomodeset. On my machine, I would get
lockups in KMS mode within minutes of booting the machine. I worked with
Dave Airlied and we found that this option helped on my machine, so I am
trying to see how many people are affected by this.

pcie_aspm is a power management control that is enabled by an Fedora
kernel patch.

<snip>

Worth a try....stand by.