Re: f12, alpha versus beta?

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 06:25 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   ok, that clears things up in the sense that i couldn't figure out
> *where* i got that tarball Fedora-12-Beta-x86_64-DVD.iso.  if
> pre-pre-releases like that are still going to be available (even if
> not officially), it might be a good idea to add the RC# part to the
> tarball name itself, just to avoid confusion.

A) it's not a tarball, it's an iso.

B) because it's a release candidate, it has to be named exactly as how
the release would be.  The very definition of a release /candidate/ is
that it has potential to become the release itself.  Therefor we can't
be renaming things or re-doing the compose.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!