Re: old noarch RPMs breaking deltaisos

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:17:51 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 10:36 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> > I looked at the dates on the noarch packages on the F11 ISO and the
> > earliest modification date is March 9, about 3 months before F11
> > Final. Does this mean that all noarch packages are expected to be
> > rebuilt before F13's release?
>
> sorry for the late reply. it's very likely; a full rebuild of all
> packages is done at least once for each release as a matter of policy,
> AIUI.

Nope. A mass rebuild is done only when there is some reason to do
so. ;)

In f11's rawhide cycle it was for sha256 hashes in rpms and to change
compiler options (i386->i586).

In f12's rawhide cycle it has been xz payloads and (i586->i686).

If there's a reason a mass rebuild will get done, but it's not a
requirement each cycle.

kevin