install with 256mb on previous rawhide fails - virtualbox guest

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 17 04:16:46 UTC 2009

On 10/17/2009 04:02 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
> Apart from a kernel stack trace at the end when I reboot, that I was not
> able to intercept/capture....
With the pre beta (I think form before the beta being send to mirrors),
I get a successful anaconda run and package install on a VirtualBox-OSE
guest. At completion, there is a message about successful install, and
you are asked to reboot. At this point I see a stack trace as the
machine was almost shutdown.

When it comes back up, I get the grub shell, but the grub menu didn't show.

This was with a fresh install, overwriting the previous attempt at
upgrading from F10.
====
The same vm originally had F10. The pre-beta upgrade also completed, but
got a stack trace as it rebooted. On reboot, I just got GRUB GRUB GRUB
continually being written to screen.

By booting the preBeta dvd, rescue mode, and running grub-install (hd0),
and rebooting, that F10-pre-beta upgrade then booted and ran successfully.