f12, alpha versus beta - how to tell ?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Oct 17 07:56:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 15:22 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> So, is the only way to confirm what you have is to check against the
> CHECKSUM file.
>
> Since the name stays the same, does this mean that the CHECKSUM file
> would get updated to indicate what you actually have ?
>
> or How would you determine whether you have an RC or the RC that became
> the release ?

That's the fun part (:  When no more RC directories show up, that's a
good sign that you've got what will be the release.  Also you can verify
your CHECKSUM against the released checksum when the mirrors open up.

I'm not about to advertise in the public space "Hey come over here and
download the RC which became the release, get it early and destroy our
bandwidth!"

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!