wireless always switched on on boot

Hassan Ibraheem hasan.ibraheem at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:58:55 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Aioanei Rares <schaiba at gmail.com>:
> On 10/21/2009 03:07 PM, Hassan Ibraheem wrote:

>>> Are you using NetworkManager or the old-school way ?
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I'm using NetworkManager.
>>

> Well then , it can be easily configured. Right click on NM's icon in the
> tray and start from there.
>
> --

Sorry I used the wrong term, the problem is that the wireless
*adapter* is always turned on on boot, not the connection.
I can't find any relevant options in NetworkManager to disable that.
I ran system-config-network and unchecked "Activate when system
starts" for the wireless adapter,
but it's still turned on on boot, It's turned on before any details
are displayed on the screen (even before "Starting udev").

--
Hassan Ibraheem