Re: KDE4 is taking over GNOME settings...

Dawid Zamirski wrote:

> I have recently gave a try KDE4 installing it alongside GNOME and while
> it ran fine, and I actually kind of liked it :-), after logging back to
> GNOME I have noticed that:
> There were several more issues like that when KDE apps took GNOME's
> defaults when running GNOME but I can't remember them now. After I have
> removed KDE4 all went back to normal.

I switch back-n-forth a lot for testing, haven't experienced it.  I'd
welcome a recipe on how to reproduce this.

For what it's worth, the "take over" should only occur within the kde4
session, via setting of
XDG_DATA_DIRS
in /etc/kde/env/env.sh

unless users' options in ~/.config or ~/.local gets touched or modified,
which is at their discretion, of course.

-- Rex