Re: F12beta: yum update --skip-broken via gui?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:36:36 +0100
Jurgen Kramer wrote:

> Via the GUI I cannot continue without removing xorg-x11-proto-devel from
> the install list. This is not a problem when there's only one conflict.
> It would be nice if PacketKit would be able to circumvent those problems
> or present a list of offending/conflicting packages to deselect.

Or if skip-broken were just made the default: For quite a while now
skip-broken has actually been working well (a long time ago it used
to just spend 20 minutes to tell you it couldn't resolve the conflict :-).

I believe you can enable it by default in /etc/yum.conf (though I'd
have to research exactly how), I think it is stable enough these days
to just make it be on by default in the yum.conf shipped with the
systems.