abrt

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Oct 26 19:56:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 16:05 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> Until I saw this report, I did not know that I would need to invoke abrt-gui
> as root to see a number of the reports.  This should be fixed!  A user should
> not need to su to root and then run abrt-gui from the command line to do
> reporting on things like kerneloops ... in fact, until you do this, you may be
> completely unaware of such problems.
>
> I suggest that this be fixed BEFORE F12 is released!

I don't understand the urgency. Prior to F12, we had, say, automatic
reporting for 10% of crashes (whatever bug-buddy caught). With current
abrt, we have automatic reporting for, say, 50% of crashes. Sure, if we
improve abrt somewhat we can make that percentage even higher, but why
is it so vital we absolutely have to do it before F12 ships? If we made
11 Fedora releases with 10% or less automatic crash report coverage,
it's not terrible if we make a 12th release with 50%...

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey