Gnome problems after Rawhide update

After latest yum update to rawhide (thursday night) I am now getting these errors when using gedit GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Server ping error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/UNKNOWN:1.0)

Other gnome applications have the same error but are less forgiving and crash. What has changed, and how do I work around? I am a little bit afraid to reboot if this is going to render the machine unusable. Advice?