How to know if a bug has been reported before?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 18:15:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 10:35 +0800, rhe wrote:
> Greeting guys,
>
> Hi, when a bug is found, is there any way to check out if this bug has
> been reported or not? I did it just by searching the key words in
> bugzilla. But I think there may be other ways better than that. do you
> have any idea to share with me?

That's pretty much it. I sometimes do a Google search as well (search
keywords with site:bugzilla.redhat.com) - it sometimes finds things
Bugzilla's own search misses. If the bug is in a fairly small component,
you can do a search for all bugs reported on that component in Rawhide,
and have a quick scan through; that's more reliable in the case where
the other person who reported the bug didn't think of the same keywords
as you :)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey