problem when installing gcc in f12 solved

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 06:53:35 UTC 2009

Hullo,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Joachim
Backes<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> checking /etc/yum.repos.d, there was a file called
> Fedora-install-media.repo with the following lines:
>
> [InstallMedia]
> name=Fedora 12-Alpha
> mediaid=1250548413.424676
> metadata_expire=-1
> gpgcheck=0
> cost=500
>
> By removing this file, I got rid of my problem. So far so good, but does
> somebody know wherefrom this file comes? All comments are welcome.

Try using rpm -qf on the file? If it gives you a package name, then
it's a bug with the package. I have had Rawhide installed since before
the alpha release, and never saw anything like that, so my guess is
that it's more likely to be a file written by the Anaconda installer
during installation.

Regards,

--
Michel