move to openssl-1.0 and skype

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Sep 4 00:19:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:21:15PM -0400, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

> > I can start that version of skype on a rawhide installation.
> >
> Another option is to ask Skype for a version compiled against OpenSSL
> 1.0.

As I said - if I can start skype application, using openssl-1.0,
then there is _no need for that_.  That dependency turned out to
be _indirect_, i.e. some library in use needs pieces of openssl-1.0.

I asked if somebody with a more complete hardware setup can check
if _using_ skype, as opposed to just starting it, on rawhide with
openssl-1.0 is ok too.  A beta version goes through pulseaudio.

   Michal