Away on Monday 2009-09-07

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 6 13:35:50 UTC 2009

On 09/06/2009 06:27 AM, José Matos wrote:
> On Sunday 06 September 2009 Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>
>> Nah, a clever Portuguese crown prince figured he'd do better as the
>> Emperor of Brazil :)
>>
> A short resume can be found here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Portugal_(1777–1834)
>
> And yes the same guy who proclaimed the Independence of Brazil returned to
> fight in a civil war against his brother (and won).

At the same time as period as here in the states.
Where King George made his biggest mistake of Raising the Tax on Tea to
high on the colonist. I bet he later regretted that, This could have
been a very large part of the British Empire today. But what is most
ironic is those Rebels then in the colony where previously English
subjects that fought against the British .
And the rest is history.
And we all lived happily ever after.
I guess we better get back on the subject, Linux .
I wish the people of Brazil a "Happy Independence Day" .