Bug resolution for multiple issues in description

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 8 06:51:46 UTC 2009

2009/9/7 Sergey Rudchenko <sergey.rudchenko at gmail.com>:

> Is there a generic model how to process (or split) such bugreports? I
> mean, how long such bug would live unassigned (assume the mentioned
> problems persist). I see this as a dead-end. Only stock comment doesn't
> move the bug to the resolution, does it?.

The correction of this behaviour should be done by the reporter of the
bug. Split the bug and reopen from a triager might be not the best
idea, since from now on you are the reporter and all "NEEDINFO" flags
are opened against you in this case. But again, the "Two or more
issues" is more the case that Reporter A opens a bug e.g X fails with
Voodoo 3 and Reporter B ad a comment that his/her X is also falling
bit with a Voodoo 6 Card. Same symptom, but different cards. But
again, in this bug, it seams all related to gdm and also linked to the
same problem.

> The user-switch-applet is a part of gdm now.
Thanks for the update :)

>> Just my two pennies worth.
> Thanks, for a triager-newbie every penny is a treasure :)
I guess that I need to thank you, since I like your way of triage
bugs. (We talked last week also at irc (me is arxs there) about the
"shut-down without warning in gdm" bug and the 'triage' keyword if you
remember). This shows me that you really think about our triage
efforts and not blindly click on "triaged". Again, thanks for your
work as a volunteer of gdm triaging.

PS: Hope to see you at the meeting today 15:00 UTC on IRC at
#fedora-meeting on freenode.

--
Regards,
Niels