Fedora 12 Beta Release Notes: How you can help

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 12 19:37:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

The Beta release notes is a important source of information for our
users, testers, ambassadors, even fellow developers and press for that
release. So I am asking you all to help you a bit. Here is how:

I have "open sourced" my process of finding information and my notes and
copied over all that information to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Beta_release_notes

If you don't have much time, take one item in this list and add more
information. I will also help you avoid even clicking on a link and copy
the same information below:

Quick notes:

* Hybrid ISO - earlier revision in Alpha release notes history. Confirm
that it works well before adding it here

* Status of http://www.ing.unibs.it/openfwwf/ in Fedora? How well does
it work?

* Moblin - Explain in detail with potentially a screencast

* GNOME Shell - Ogg Screencast possibly with voice over

* Yum Presto - In GNOME and KDE groups. What about delta rpm generation?

* http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/ClientSideWindows - Eclipse and Adobe
Reader needs a workaround

* Abrt - whats the status?

* Anaconda MDRaid - Explain in detail

* Lower Process Capabilities

* Contact KDE SIG and gather important changes. Phonon has changed to
gstreamer backend in Alpha release and was not mentioned. So call it out
in the Beta release.

Additional sources:

* Look at F11 Preview release notes and use it as a template. It matches
the beta this release because of rel eng decision to tweak the release
process a bit

* Read rawhide reports in between alpha and beta release for new
packages as well as import changes worth noting here

* Quickly skimp through all threads in fedora-devel and fedora-test list
for note worthy changes

* Read Planet Fedora and reference developer blogs when important
changes are mentioned

* Consult with QA team and make sure note worth issues are mentioned. If
anything needs explicit testing, highlight it

* More details at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/FeatureList. Read the release
notes section of each of the approved feature

Thanks.

Rahul