Question on about blocker bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 00:28:58 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 22:16 +0400, Alexey Torkhov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> At https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria
> there is written the following requirement:
>
> "Items described with the word "MUST" are required to work for all
> releases, including Test releases.
> Additionally, the items described with the word "SHOULD" are required
> for all final releases."
>
> Does this mean in terms of tracker bugs:
> If I've found a bug that (I think) breaks MUST rule should I add it to
> both F12Beta and F12Blocker trackers? And if it breaks SHOULD rule, it
> should be added only to F12Blocker tracker?
> Am I right, or it should be done in some other way?
>
> If this is right, then it is not clear what requirement on using
> F12Target tracker.

That's more or less right, but in practice those aren't the _only_
criteria we go by. Some bugs are considered blockers which wouldn't be
considered under those criteria. We've discussed expanding that document
to try and cover all potential blocker bug cases, but it's practically
quite difficult to do so.

But yes, if you find bugs that _do_ break the criteria on that page -
and that aren't unique to a single hardware or software configuration -
they're very likely to be blockers, and it would certainly be a good
idea to add them to the appropriate blocker list and we will review them
at the blocker meetings. Thanks!

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey