Fedora install support for netbooks -- small screen size

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 13:17:39 UTC 2010

> > I have the same problem on my Asus 1000, What you have to do
> > is hold down ALT key and lock your mouse with left key and
> > move window.
>
> while this is handy when on the desktop i can't remember if
>  this is possible during install?

not just during install, but also using VNC - holding Alt key
drags the whole vncviewer window, activating remote Alt via
vncviewer menu and then trying to drag any window inside does not
work ...

(however, the workaround in that case is to start the vncserver
with larger screen size and use the sliders provided by
vncviewer, but it is extremely uncomfortable in case all your
work can be done in a smaller size but only one window does not
fit, and because of this one window you have the bigger size and
you have to be draging the sliders all the time ...)

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team