[Fedora-trans-ar] FC3 & Arabic Translation

Sherif Abdelgawad sabdelg at redhat.com
Tue Jul 6 13:54:31 UTC 2004

> Salam all, it is my pleasure to help you in this effort :)

Welcome aboard , glade to see initiative and welling to
help :)

> Yes I agree with you Sherif, I will do my best to review the
> translations ...

Good then .. let us discuss how the QA will be and
reviewing process.

> >First I think we should put schdule to meet
> >FC3 timelines and have this release come with
> >100% translation.
> >

> With ya 100%

Munzir when do you think you and your team will be
done with the dist file?

> >Second, I think we need to discuss the terms
> >and translation to reach a point where it is
> >acceptable.
>
> The most important
>
> >Thirs, QA Process :)
> >
> >Please let me know what you guys think, and how
> >we should go on from here.
> >

> Great ideas from a great man ;) I have some experience in the field of
> translation -not so much- but I learned to use a consistency list !! you
> may ask what is consistency list, it is a list of the most *common*
> words and their translation to Arabic this list will help the
> translators to standardise their translations, to clarify my words say
> for example the English word "links" translated to "WASLAT" and others
> likes "RAOABIT" both correct, but in translation we must select one to
> achieve consistincy amonge translations.

I know about the consistency list. I guess we need to go through
that list, and see how we can add/modify or clear confusions.

The issue I see here, that most of the translation everywhere
are contributed by the same group with the same mistakes.
So we need to review what is there, and arrange with other
groups (Arabeyes) of what we think.

So as you are the one mentioned the consistency list, where
we can start ? ;)

Thanks

Sherif