[Fedora-trans-ar] firstboot

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Fri Jul 16 23:13:18 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Jumma 28 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 02:53 pm, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:> I have finished with rhgb, Munzir, please do the usual QA.> I am taking firstboot>> ps, debug ??> What should it be translated to ??> Sometimes I have seen> إزالة العلل> And other times I see> تنقيح>> I think the second one is more appealing !!
actually I can't find any error in your translation ;) But you just forgot to correct things from the previos translation, e.g. you edited this one "بقي بعض الخطوات الأخيرة ليصبح النظام جاهز للإستعمال. برنامج التثبيت ...you should also correct the hamza استعمال and tanween جاهزاً issues and should be "بقي بعض الخطوات الأخيرة ليصبح النظام جاهزاً للاستعمال. برنامج التثبيت...

I prefer تصحيح الأخطاء. Eldesokey, what I am suggesting here and always is to use the same translation used by M$ if it't correct to make the transition easy for the user unless of course if its translation is wrong which happens many times. Do you agree to this? the word you suggested is nice but users are not used to it. Also, keep in mind sometimes you may find the word OK in your country but another find it very odd in his due to different cultures. This is why I am suggesting to stick to what the users' ears are accustomed to from the other OS.
-- Munzir Taha  PGP Key availablegpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.mandrakesecure.net F0671821
Telecommunications and Electronics EngineerLinux Registered User #279362 at http://counter.li.orgMandrake Club memberMaintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project athttp://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugsCIW Designer, ICDL, MOUSNew Horizons CLCRiyadh, SA