[Fedora-trans-ar] arabic-fedora.org logo

Mohammad Ghoniem mohammad.ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Fri Nov 12 13:23:38 UTC 2004

Salâm everyone,

Sherif Abdelgwad wrote:

>Mohammed,
>   Nice traboush, I like the idea, I like tarboush3.png
>the most though. Not sure about the font and fedora name,
>you might need to work on this ?

I discovered too late that gimp had very nice Arabic fonts. I will give
it another try during the weekend in shâ'a Allâh. I won't mind if
someone builds on the idea of tarboush and comes up with a nice looking
logo, alright ? :-)

>I will put them up on the site, and we will vote.
>
>Hope we are getting more ppl to submit more ideas

Nice idea. I guess we may need to wait until all the competitors have
submitted something before opening the vote. The best way to handle this
question may be to decide of a deadline for submission (like december
15th, or whatever). In the meanwhile, we can send proposals and get
feedback, try some improvements before the time runs out. :-)

Another comment that popped to my mind was : we need both a banner and a
logo. I would classify Munzir's slick design in the banner category, as
he suggested. What do you guys think ?

salâm

Mohammad