[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

Sherif Abdelgwad sabdelg at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 21:39:20 UTC 2004

> > Taking this I would say Version is اصدار and Release is نسخة
>
> Sherif may I suggest that we exchange it so that
> Version نسخة
> Release إصدار
>
> It conforms better with the dictionaries I have at hand.

What the other people here think after clearing the meaning of version
and release ?

I really don't know which one should be. I usually hear:  "El Esdarah 8
men X App" . For me this put me under the impression Version here that
reflects Esdarah of certain pkg/app as the major number to be إصدار and
leave the Release to be نسخة.

Noskha usually noskha men 7aga .. a photocopy of something, or copy with
changes i.e. bug fixes,patch ...etc That was my reason to put them the
other way around.

I am not Arabic expert , but that what made sense to me :)

Team, what do you think, which one should be Esdarah ?

Thanks

Sherif