[Fedora-trans-ar] Glossary - release / version

Mohammad Ghoniem Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Wed Nov 17 12:48:03 UTC 2004

Salâms,

Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:

>>Sherif may I suggest that we exchange it so that
>>Version نسخة
>>Release إصدار
>>
>>It conforms better with the dictionaries I have at hand.
>>

>I agree to that.

I also agree. However, I am still not satisfied with the translation of
"version". نسخة would rather mean "copy", right ? If we take in
consideration that a version maybe a revision, or a bugfix (or even a
release !) we may try a more qualified translation such as نسخة معدلة or
نسخة منقحة or in a shorter fashion تعديل or تنقيح.

If we apply this to the previous example (bash-2.05b-29.0.3.i386.rpm),
we would have something like :
إصدار 2.05
تعديل 29.0.3

"My two فلس." :-)