[Fedora-trans-ar] a treasure for translators

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Fri Nov 19 16:33:21 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Jumma 06 Shawwal 1425 11:59, Mohammad Ghoniem wrote:
> Munzir Taha wrote:
> >I believe our translation is more accurate, other opinions?

> I believe خادم may be more suitable for daemon, while خدمة may be
> preferred for "service". You can think of it as خادم المصباح in the
> story of علاء الدين, which corresponds to the primary meaning of daemon.
> :-)

There is a logical point in your discussion besides I have not definite answer
of why KHIDMA not KHADIM or what's the difference between service and server.
Thus, I will add my voice to yours and say that from now on Daemon is KHADIM.
If no one objects, I am going to add it to our beloved glossary.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA