[Fedora-trans-ar] a treasure for translators

Mohammad Ghoniem Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Wed Nov 24 09:10:46 UTC 2004

Salâms,

Munzir Taha wrote:

>There is a logical point in your discussion besides I have not definite answer
>of why KHIDMA not KHADIM or what's the difference between service and server.
>Thus, I will add my voice to yours and say that from now on Daemon is KHADIM.
>If no one objects, I am going to add it to our beloved glossary.

Alright ! Now I have another predictible question : do we keep خادم as a
translation for server ? For example, some dialogs in up2date require
the user to enter the url of a server.
http://www.c4arab.com/qamoos/index.php suggests مزود (muzawwid) for
server. What do you think about that ?

daemon = خادم
service = خدمة
server = ??

I guess there are situations where the word "server" refers to the
computer itself, which may run many services. Of course, in some
situation, the same word refers to that piece of software that provides
a given service. For instance, apache is a web server...

salâm

Mohammad