[Fedora-trans-ar] a correction is needed for some files

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Fri Oct 8 05:13:21 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Ithnain 19 Sha`ban 1425 09:19 am, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
> On Monday 04 October 2004 3:10 pm, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 13:48, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
> > >
> > > On Monday 04 October 2004 2:36 pm, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I don't think it is a bug at all.
> > > In the example that you have shown, it will tell the script to draw the
> > > menu for TWO different items.
> > > The issue here, is that not all words were with Shadda !!!
> > > Confirmation plz.
> >
> > I still say it is a bug, unintended behaviour of the itemfactory in the
> > pygtk bindings specifically, and undocumented. It surely displays with
> > both shadda and capital letters, but if you try to generate a menu
> > manually, using pygtk, this won't happen.
>
> Can someone try it with all Arabic words have the Shadda on the same letter
> ? I think it will show one entry only, not two.

Please, try to reach a conclusion here whether this is a bug or not. Actually
it's not fair for pygtk to force me not to use diacritics in my translation
so I also tend to believe it's a bug now (again ;)) but since I don't know
the inner working of pygtk and don't even have time to test a sample code
posted here before. Generally, I would say filing a bug (even when in doubt)
won't do harm but would make it more clear. After all this is why all
bugzilla's have an INVALID classification... for them to use ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA