[BULK] - [Fedora-trans-ar] Members of Fedora-trans-ar

maha helwa mahahelwa at gmx.net
Sun Oct 31 00:35:31 UTC 2004

> Hello all,
>
> Welcome Muhamed & Turki...
> Well, the active project right now is Translation.. what we do is
> translating every string into our arabic language, those strings located
> in
> PO files.. you can download and access these files through CVS either from
> your linux machine or CVS windows client if u using windows.
>
> but you have to register yourselves.. so go over this link:
> http://www.fedora.redhat.com/projects/translations/
>
> You'll find many links.. go first to "SignUp" page.. and if you intend to
> use Windows CVS go over this link "Translate Fedora in Microsoftآ®
> Windowsآ" and follow the listed instructions to install it.

Oops.. forgot to tell you something..
1. You need to install an editor to modifiy or apply your changes on PO
files.. this editor could be "POEditor" if you using windows or "kbabel" if
you are a linux machine..if you using RH9 use this pkg to insatll kbabel

2. to be able to access CVS from your linux machine if you are so..
you have to set 2 cvs variable CVS_RSH with ssh protocol and CVSROOT as
follow:
:ext:YourLoginName at i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
then check out translate folder to download all PO files locally on your
machine... so:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:ext:YourLoginName at i18n.redhat.com:/usr/local/CVS
cvs -z9 co translate

put your keys /homedirectory/.ssh

3. Have a look on http://www.fedora.redhat.com/participate/translation-faq/

You should be able to start now i guess.. if i mess something..correct me
guys.

MAha

--
Curiosity killed the CAT :)

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!