[Fedora-trans-ar] QA Start

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Wed Sep 8 15:59:05 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 23 Rajab 1425 13:28, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
>  --- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa> wrote:

> > > also.. something like this phrase: "Allow sysadm_t to do almost
> > > everything" The same thing the word 'sysadm_t' i don't know whether
> > > it's a service or a deamon or whatever kind of process it is.. but i
> > > think it should be attached with text defines what sysadm_t is?!
> >
> > I want to propose a rule here: If an English speaker won't understand the
> > phrase, an Arabic speaker should ;)
>
> You mean: .. shouldn't ;)

yes.

> > In other words if an English speaker need an instructor or a book or ...
> > to understand it, the Arabic speaker should need it, too, or else we will
> > close our institute ;)
>
> Sometimes I feel that some words/phrases should not be translated in the
> first place. A person that already knows what sysadm_t is will know it in
> English, so I would transcribe that.

Sure you are right, but what maha propose is not to translate sysadm_t but to
attach a text that defines it; and hence my propsed rule.

> > Has anybody
> > translated 'root' yet? (Not that I know much about selinux, anyway..)

I think it depends whether you mean the root directory, the directory root
(/root), the root filesystem (/), the root user. I would translate the root
directory but not the directory root, e.g.

> I would say consensus, then voting.
> Almost everything would be agreed upon. I don't think we will need to carry
> a formal voting per se.

Yes, I am sure we can discuss and agree about it without voting. Just people
here shouldn't hesitate to discuss it if not 100% convinced, please.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA