[Fedora-trans-ar] Translation Vs. Transliteration

sabdelg at redhat.com sabdelg at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 17:42:57 UTC 2005

It was brought to my attention that a lot of the supposed to be arabic
translation in GNOME and KDE is more like transliteration rather than
translation.

To Translate is to render in another language,  to put into simpler terms;
explain or interpret.

To Transliterate is o represent (letters or words) in the corresponding
characters of another alphabet.

I know that we are not the same group who is translating the other applications.
I would like at least to point out here it is important to translate and not to
transliterate.

Thanks

Sherif