[Fedora-trans-ar] Re: Arabic issue #1: QSpinBox doen't work properly with Arabic locale

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Thu Feb 24 10:19:00 UTC 2005

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 29 Thu al-Hijjah 1425 12:16 pm, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Hi Munzir,

> > > CODE: LC_ALL=ar qt/examples/widgets/spinboxes/spinboxes
> > >
> > > shows the year like this 1059 and could only be increased to 1109
> > > though the code is:

> it was a simple bug in our detection of the default date format. This
> works now.

Thanks for the partial fix but now there appeared other problems:

$ ./examples/widgets/spinboxes/spinboxes -reverse
If I keep pressing in a QSpinBox up and down arrows I expect the value to
increase or decrease continuously. Now this is not the case. The value begin
to increase/decrease and suddenly stop somewhere!

Another thing is the position of the $ sign in RTL is not correct. It should
be like the percentage sign which now displays properly (to the left of the
numbers).

A third thing is the direction of the parentheses. Both face the same
direction!

> > A core dump is generated. I could send it to you if it will prove useful.
> > The stack is
> >
> > #gdb --core=core.8450
> > bt
> > #3828 0x00336369 in ?? ()
> > #3829 0x00000000 in ?? ()
> > Cannot access memory at address 0xc0000000
>
> I can't seem to be able to reproduce this. I hope it's fixed by now.

No, it's not! It's always reproducable when I click many times quickly in
those spinboxes in the example. The error is:

ASSERT: "glyph_pos != -1" in file /usr/local/qt/src/gui/text/qtextlayout.cpp,
line 1747
Aborted

I am attaching the core file to this message.

What else do I need to do to help you trace it?

> > > LC_ALL=ar_SA.UTF-8
> > > shows broken glyphs of Sunday (in Arabic) though it's Tuesday today as
> > > my $ date command shows!
>
> I can reproduce this. We'll look into fixing it.

Now I can't see any Arabic glyph at all! Just squares all around or Strange
letters like U-accented!

> We're not planning on adding calender systems for 4.0. We'll note it as a
> feature request for 4.1

Yes, please consider this feature as it's very well needed for Arabic locales.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs Wiki page at
http://arabic-fedora.org/
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA