[Fedora-trans-ar] Arabic issue #1: QSpinBox doen't work properly with Arabic locale

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Mon Jan 31 21:30:32 UTC 2005

Hi Sirs!

Due to a message from Matthias Ettrich, I am retesting the Arabic and RTL bugs
from the beginning against the latest snapshot.

Qt Version: qt-x11-opensource-4.0.0-b2-snapshot-20050131
System: Mandrake 10.1 on AMD64

QSpinBox was not working when reversed but now it's working but with many
issues.

CODE: LC_ALL=ar qt/examples/widgets/spinboxes/spinboxes

shows the year like this 1059 and could only be increased to 1109 though the
code is:

   dateEdit->setDateRange(QDate(2005, 1, 1), QDate(2010, 12, 31));
    dateLabel->setText(tr("Appointment date (between %0 and %1):")
                       .arg(dateEdit->minimumDate().toString(Qt::ISODate))
                       .arg(dateEdit->maximumDate().toString(Qt::ISODate)));

I guess the issue has something to do with my ar locale and Hijri Calendar. I
can see functions like

Also,

$ LC_TIME=ar /usr/local/qt/examples/widgets/spinboxes/spinboxes

shows another problem.

PROBLEM: When I click many times in the strange Arabic letters/glyphs that
appeared on the first QDate spin box that says "Appointment date (between
2005, 1, 1 and 2010, 12, 31:", the program crashes with the error:

ASSERT: "glyph_pos != -1" in file text/qtextlayout.cpp, line 1719
Aborted

LC_ALL=ar_SA.UTF-8
shows broken glyphs of Sunday (in Arabic) though it's Tuesday today as my
$ date command shows!

even LC_ALL=C shows the year as either 05 or 10! so I can't use 06, 07, 08 and
09 as per the code setDateRange() function.

What about Hijri date functions: isn't it implemented here? Can you copy it
from KDE code?

WoW the bugs are getting nasty now ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA