[Fedora-trans-ar] Arabic issue #41: Function names and Qt Documentation fails to consider RTL many times

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Sun May 8 21:32:49 UTC 2005

Hi Cuters,

For example:
qstring.html
"QString QString::right ( int len ) const
Returns a substring that contains the len rightmost characters of the string"

For RightToLeft language this would be the leftmost characters of the string.
So, it's better to say the trailing characters of the string.

I suggest that we have overloaded member functions, provided for convenience
to cater for these direction-based functions. For example: QString
QString::trailing

qtextedit.html
"The default mode is WidgetWidth which causes words to be wrapped at the right
edge of the text edit"

This should be at the trailing edge of the text edit.

and sure many other examples...

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/munzir/OpenBugs.html
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
Master CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA