[Fedora-trans-ar] New Season of Starting Over..

Munzir Taha ( منذر =?utf-8?q?_=D8=B7=D9=87?=) munzirtaha at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 15:54:25 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 13:25, Eng. Maha Hulwa wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Munzir Taha (منذر طه) <munzirtaha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Munzir,
>
> Well, I don't know about that plan it is yours?! it doesn't matter but I
> thought it's a voluntary work
> So the conclusion here that we don't have any online tool anymore?!

If you want it, I will put it and fully support the upstream sync and all
administration issues including user accounts, password, updating the
software, customizing the interface and the like.

> Munzir you did most of the work by your own. Gazak Allah Kheiran
> About being busy and the overall output hasn't been changed!!

Regarding me, I am busy mainly planning and coordinating towards a better
arabic support in FOSS. I know this is a vague statement that cannot be
touched or resolved to something useful yet but I am doing my best and would
tell you if there is something. If I kept silent, then you know there is
nothing. Hope not! ;)

> Well, let's learn from the past, we should be organized we should have a
> plan about who is doing what for how long and keep everyone informed. why
> don't we put a 3 months plan so whoever track the work montly, i won't say
> weekly it's impossible [from my point of view].

Umm! A plan is good for any project. I can easily now put a plan to finish the
Fedora translation after x weeks. I take this file, you take that file, he
takes these files and she takes those files and that's it. We can even put a
second plan (as a precaution just in case) to increment it to x++ weeks, but
at the end I will be the first one to spoil that plan since I am really busy
and can't control my schedule and my temper these days ;) Our problem is not
in planning the work. Our problem now is in working the plan.

So, the way it goes is that every one puts a plan for himself. You can tell us
that you are going to translate w words in t period and we would appreciate
it if you managed to fulfill your promise or !@#$ at you if you failed to or
delivered a machine-generated translation (you know our harsh review) but I
am not feeling it would do any better if I told you to do this or that.

> But first thing.. who is committed to continue, I don't see anybody here
> except me and you and sherif.. no body else!!
>
> I'll start by myself am willing to continue and give it another shot, and
> when I gave up and feel not interested anymore [am almost there] I'll send
> email telling am out of here, but as am saying am giving it another try.

I, myself, would never never never quit. I can see that we have a 100%
translation of Fedora no doubt about it. Fedora is going to be on OLPC and
would be used by millions of our children and it would be fully arabized and
we would be among those who contributed from their time and sacrificed parts
of their life for the good of the community and for whatever honorable case
they believe in. No one here should quit because you already did a good job
and you are not under any pressure to do what you want to do. Just monitor
your free time and temper and never never feel ashamed of yourself or
deliverables.

--
Munzir Taha