[Fedora-trans-es] Slogan translation

Carlos Toral catoro2000 at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 19:22:03 UTC 2009

Mi sugerencia es:

Fedora 11 - Domina

Saludos
From: nushio at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 09:59:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [Fedora-trans-es] Slogan translation
To: fedora-trans-es at redhat.com

Hola Daniel,

Mis sugerencias:

Fedora 11 - Reina o
Fedora 11 - Gobierna

No se me ocurre como más traducirlo...

Saludos!

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:46 AM, daniel cabrera <h.daniel.cabrera at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello intrepid translators!

Since I got one question about translating the F11 slogan ("Reign"), I

thought I should give some background information here that might help

in your work.

The slogan is in the form of a call to action or a verbal command,

like previous slogans.

The word "reign" means to rule, prevail, or predominate.  In one sense

it's drawn from the way a king rules.  Leonidas was a king, but also

his name comes from "lion," and lions are kings of the jungle.  This

is also meant to show that Fedora and FLOSS help you rule over your

computer, instead of the other way around.

I hope this helps, and I think you can find the translation material

here:

https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/projects/fedora-web/master-fedoraproject/

Thanks to everyone, again, for what's turning out to be an incredibly

successful Fedora 11 release!

Buen día gente.

Solo por curiosidad, ¿como traducimos el slogan de la nueva versión?

Saludos

Fedora-trans-es at redhat.com

Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno

Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos