[Fedora-trans-fa] Re: Daavat

Mostafa Daneshvar mostafa.daneshvar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 22:00:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 01:03 +0330, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:

>  Dear Mostafa,
> Hello
> First of all, I do really appreciate such localized movements, but
> concerning the Fedora project, there exist some points that should be
> declared:
> 1) The Fedora project consists of a large internationalized community
> and as an international open source project, the participants should
> gather and share knowledge within a centralized repository.
> 2) Regarding the Fedora's L10N project, all that is needed to conduct
> translation efforts are already there. I mean, tools, mailing lists,
> version systems, etc.
> So, my primary proposal would be to target all the efforts within the
> Fedora platform itself. If there exists a community of Persian Fedora
> users who are willing to participate in the translation efforts, why
> not just use the platform made by the project itself for the so called
> purpose?
> We have already got a Persian translation team which anybody can
> submit his or her contributions. These contributions are examined,
> verified and imported to the main stream distribution at predefined
> intervals.
> I am ready for any further assistance. But please consider helping the
> project in the way that all other teams are doing.
> Take a look at Transifex: https://translate.fedoraproject.org/submit/
>
> Kind Regards
> Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani

Thank you Mr. Majidzadeh for your valuable comments. I quit agree with
you. I am trying to encourage these guys to join l10n project. If you
have time we will be pleased to have you in #fedora-ir in freenode. If
you are interested please subscribe to Persian list also
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-fa. We can continue
our discussion there. Unfortunately the list and its owner aren't active
enough. I am Cc'ing it.
Best
 Mostafa Daneshvar
http://mostafadaneshvar.com