[Fedora-trans-list] Translation hints

Josep Puigdemont baldrick at terra.es
Mon Dec 22 06:41:19 UTC 2003

Hi!

Just a couple of questions:

In Kudzu (and other files), I've found strings like this one:

#: ../hwconf.c:68
msgid ""
" <Tab>/<Alt-Tab> between elements   |   <Space> selects  |   <F12> next
"
"screen"

Does it matter its length? If it does, I think it would be good for all
translators to have more hints on the comments of each string, like
"keep the string shorter than 80 chars", or, "keep the string exactly 78
chars long", or so...

I know this is a hard job to do, but for next applications/strings it
could be something to keep in mind by the developer.

And, what's the policy about all the strings containing "Red Hat Linux",
shall these be reported to the list, silently translated as "Fedora", or
just keep "Red Hat Linux" for now (as I've done so far)?

Just my feedback as a translator :)

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it!

/Josep