Quick look at anaconda in all langs

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:15:57 UTC 2004

Hi Jeremy,

I just looked at the fa_IR shots.  They suck :(.  Apart from that
there are Gtk+ problems, the most important is that the font used
is awful.  It's a Pakistani font that looks awful for
Persian/Iranian.  We really don't have a Persian font in Fedora
yet.  I was supposed to request a package for that, but the fonts
that I was supposed to package are not yet ready.

So, as I don't think we can make any change in this step, the
Persian option is going to be something broken in this release
:(.  Hopefully we will make it better for FC3...

behdad

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> I got a quick run of anaconda going to take some screenshots of some
> things in all languages (at least enough screens to get a basic idea of
> how things look).  If people with a knowledge of how things should
> display in those languages and then put any problems noticed in
> bugzilla, I'd appreciate it.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/anaconda-langs/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy