Re: Maintainer and [Take] button

Hello, Bernd!

I commit changes, then wait for 10-15 minutes,
then done 'cvs up' - where no updates available and no locally modified files.
Page was not still modified.

Then I press [Take] button and after 1-2 minutes status page was updated.

I suppose this is simple solitary case.

Thank you,
Andrew Martynov

Bernd Groh wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Martynov schrieb:

> Hello, Bernd!
>
> I`m maintainer of Russian translation.
> I accidentally made commit to cvs without pressing [Take] before.
>
> Commit was successful.
>
> Is that method of commit allowed by policy or it was keeped as backdoor?

The maintainer has unrestricted commit access, independent of whether there is a current translator or not. We believed the maintainer should have this right.

> Regards, > Andrew Martynov > > P.S. Status page of modules is updated too slowly for last days ( it > takes from 2 to 15 minutes )

That's strange, it never takes more than a minute for me? Could it be your connection? Or maybe there was something wrong with the server? I'll wait and see whether I get more feedback on this.

Regards,
Bernd

> --

Dr. Bernd R. Groh                       Phone : +61 7 3514 8114
Software Engineer (Localization)        Fax   : +61 7 3514 8199
Red Hat Asia-Pacific                    Mobile: +61 403 851 269
Disclaimer: http://apac.redhat.com/disclaimer/