cvs -z9 output messages

Sarah Wang sarahs at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 23:51:48 UTC 2004

Alexandru Repede wrote:

>can anybody point to me what each output message from
>¨cvs -z9¨ means ?

-z9 is the level of compression, usaully used as a check out option.

>i am particulary interested in what ¨?
><package>/<ll>.po¨ means ? (ex. ¨?
>redhat-condig-users/ro.po¨ means what to me, talking
>into consideration that i modified the ro.po file ?)

If you see "?" before a file, that means the file is not in the CVS
repository. You need to "cvs add" to add the file, than "cvs commit" to
commit the addition. You maynot have the permission to do "cvs add", if
that's the case, just send me the file offline.

>i took a brief look at the cvs manual and did not find
>any section on output messages. does it have one ?
>does anybody know where it is ?

I will put a basic CVS tutorial on Fedora translation project mainpage soon.

Regards,

Sarah