The point of translating redhat-menus

Lauri Nurmi lanurmi at iki.fi
Thu Mar 25 21:10:58 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I would like to remind you about a thing regarding the redhat-menus
package that you may not have noticed.

Let's look at the list of translations on CVS, in redhat-menus/po:

ar bn ca cs cy da de el es et fa fi fr hi hr hu is it ja ko ms nl no pa
pl pt_BR pt ro ru sk sl sv ta tr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW zu

Yes, that's 39 files, and all but two of them are 100% translated.

Now let's look at the list of translations listed in
redhat-menus/configure.in, ie. the translations that are actually
packaged into the redhat-menus package:

ALL_LINGUAS="cs cy da de el es fr is it ja ko ms nl no pt_BR pt ru sv tr
zh_CN zh_TW"

That's 21 files.

So. This means that there are 18 languages that are not included in the
final package. My translation, fi, has been in the CVS since June 2003.
I don't know for how long have the other missing ones been in there.